The Institute offers ICSSR fellowships for students enrolled in Ph.D. in Education Interdisciplinary at Center for educational Studies of Indian institute of education affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University & Post-Doctoral programmes. The program aims at promoting capacity building and research.
Doctoral studies in education span a wide area of education and development issues. They may include empirical, theoretical, and conceptual and action research with core component of education. Selection of candidates for the Ph.D. programme is based on academic record, research aptitude as evident from the research proposal and interview.
The fellowship is funded by the ICSSR and every year three fellowships are provided. The details of the fellowships are as follows;
- Part-time (un-employed) – Five vacancies
- The value of the fellowship for full time regular doctoral fellowship is Rs. 20,000/-p.m. (Consolidated) The duration of for full time regular doctoral fellowship would be two years extendable up to one more year in special circumstances.
- Salary-protected (employed) – One vacancy
In case of employed scholars, salary protection is provided for both full time regular and short-term fellowships. The fellow will be entitled to allowances as per the rules admissible at the parent institution. The leave salary and pension contribution/employer’s share of CPF contribution will also be borne by the Council.
A contingency grant of Rs. 20,000/-per annum is admissible through the entire period of the fellowship to both not employed and employed scholars.
- Candidates who hold a Master’s degree of a recognized university in any social science subject with a minimum of second class with 55% marks. Relaxation of 5% marks/ corresponding grades will be made for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates should preferably not be more than 35 years (relaxable by 5 years in case of SC/ST).
- For teachers and professional staff of research institutes holding regular posts, the upper age limit would be 45 years
- For award of doctoral fellowship, preference will be given to those already registered for PhD. Candidates who cleared NET will also be considered on priority.